At Borras Park Primary School the child is at the centre of everything we do. We pride ourselves on the inclusive nature of our school and we work with families to achieve the best outcomes for their child, recognising the importance of a strong partnership between home and school.
We ensure the needs of all learners are met through high quality teaching and effective differentiation, and where necessary, appropriate and reasonable adjustments are made to enable access for all to the learning and school environment so they can reach their maximum potential.
- Every child is equal, valued and unique. We aim to provide an environment where all pupils feel safe and can flourish. We will respond to individuals in ways which take into account their varied life experiences and particular needs.
- All children and young people are valued as individuals and their varying needs are dealt with sensitively and effectively. We believe that each child receives a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum ensuring self-esteem and confidence are enhanced and a positive attitude is developed.
- We aim to promote and sustain a whole school approach to wellbeing, which gives recognition to the strong links between wellbeing and outcomes for our children and young people.
- We are committed to providing an education that enables all pupils to make progress so that they achieve their best, become confident individuals living fulfilling lives and make a successful transition into adulthood.
- We are committed to promoting and providing all children and young people with a person centred education, paying attention to what is important to and what is important for them.
- We are committed to ensuring the rights of the child in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- We are committed to the successful inclusion of pupils with Additional Learning Needs (ALN). Within our school, every teacher is a teacher of all pupils, including those with any Additional Learning Needs (ALN).